Loch Venachar, Loch Arklet, Loch Katrine and the Glen Finglas reservoir are all great places for fishing (mostly brown trout), in a wonderful setting.
Fishing permits are required for all locations. Please follow the National Park’s basic guidelines on responsible fishing.
Please do not to bring the fishing community into disrepute - try to leave things in the condition you would like to find them. In particular:
- Do you need an open fire? Use a stove or leave no trace of any camp fire.
- Use a public toilet or bury your waste.
- Take your rubbish home or dispose of litter in bins.
- Is your tent one too many? Avoid over-crowding.
- Keep noise down and lights low after 9pm.
- Dispose of your fishing line responsibly. Fishing line kills wildlife by choking or damaging limbs.
- Always follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.